Throughout his training and his life, the Kempoka will follow five basic rules of life.
Each lesson starts by the greetings. The Kempoka puts his right knee and fist on the ground while he meditates on these five rules:
- We vow to follow the life rules of Shin Gi Tai Kempo.
- We vow respect and faithfulness to our Sijo and teachers.
- A real friendship unites us.
- We commit to use our Martial Art only with purpose of defending ourselves and protecting others.
- We commit to practice its hard discipline and training method with honesty and courtesy.